A cappuccino? Comparison of Tassimo coffee makers, Dolce Gusto and Senseo
Fancy a cappuccino and steaming milk is not your thing? No problem, here’s acomparison of coffee pods able to prepare a cappuccino , and a host of other types of coffee, such as cut, lattes, mocaccinos, latte machiattos and even hot chocolates.
These brewers, more versatile than the popular Nespresso or the delicious Illy , reviews of espresso makers under $200 have caused a furore in the market, or so it appears from the wide range of coffee machines and capsules that are flooding the supermarkets and hypermarkets. En Directo al Paladar we will compare the three most important : Dolce Gusto (Nescafe), Tassimo (Bosch) and Senseo (Douwe Egberts and Philips), having been using them for several months three.
Although coffee machines of the three brands offer coffee and other preparations in single dose capsules , there are important differences between them, so we ‘ll start by comparing:
- Dolce Gusto: For this capsule system there are a variety of machines, from the cheaper (39 euros) with a small water tank and a manual dosing system to the most expensive (between 100 and 200 euros), with systems semiautomatic, bigger and more beautiful and better finished designs deposits.
- Tassimo: Here the catalog of machines is smaller, but has the advantage that the basic model (39 euros, with offers that may leave in 9 Anecdotal euros) already comes with an automatic dosing system that allows for the perfect drink with only Press a button. It has a not so striking design as Dolce Gusto but are nice and have a very good finish.
- Senseo: Within the Senseo coffee two the cheapest star models, which cost about 60 or 70 euros, only works with single dose, but the Senseo cappuccino (with a single p , I do not know why) which costs about 150 euros, He is able to prepare cappuccinos with fresh milk at the touch of a button. In terms of design, it is slightly coarser and bulky, but still compact dimensions and a design that does not clash.
Capsules Dolce Gusto and Tassimo are quite similar, both plastic, although Tassimo have a couple of advantages: they are smaller and include a barcode that is what gives you the information to the machine for the exact dosage the touch of a button.
In the Dolce taste is an indication on the package so that we indicate the dose to the machine (if we have a semi – automatic) and a graphic for us to do manually for orientation.
Senseo, by contrast, uses monodosis disc – shaped , lighter and more responsible with the (much cheaper, as we shall see) environment, but with the disadvantage that, once the package open, the coffee starts damaged, as these are not single – dose sealed individually.
If we talk about coffee coffee, that we prepare in the morning to add milk or one that can take after lunch or mid morning, then I think I have no doubt which is the absolute winner: the Senseo Douwe Egberts .
Not that cafes Tassimo and Dolce Gusto are not good , or not offer a variety of different coffees, which are the three brands (although without reaching the range of Nespresso or quality of Illy, of course) but simply that coffee coming out of that coffee, coffee knows more good espresso.
The same is something personal, because this time I have not done blind tastings or things like ‘ I’ve preferred a more analysis of experience científico– but when I go to make coffee milk alone or one having all three at my disposal in the kitchen, I choose that coffee intuitively.
The cappuccino has long come to stay between our repertoire of cafes, so more is not which of the three best prepares coffee.
Obviously, the Senseo part with much advantage in the version capable of preparing itwith fresh milk , which you just have to fill up with milk, put a single dose coffee and press a button. Without a doubt is the best cappuccinos prepared of the three by far, but then you have to clean the milk container immediately to avoid curdling and make us a mess.
After Senseo using fresh milk, I would stay with the Tassimo cappuccino , which is very rich, but in my opinion serves a somewhat meager amount. Then choose the Dolce Gusto the more abundant but less rich, and finally, the pods Senseo cappuccino, which is directly terrible.
In addition to coffees and cappuccinos, these machines are able to prepare hot chocolate, tea (I see this nonsense), cut, latte macchiato, latte … and a long list of hot and cold drinks it would be difficult to enumerate.
In this field the winner in flavor is Tassimo , because in general are all very very rich (my favorite, the Milkaccino, which is like a chococcino with Milka chocolate), but Dolce Gusto will not be far behind, with the advantage that offers many of these preparations in a single capsule instead of using two (one for milk and one for coffee or chocolate) so that leaves every cup half price than its competitor.
On the other hand, Senseo, whose bid is lower (Coffee with milk, cut, cappucino chocolate, cappucino cinnamon and Viennese) can not compete in terms of quality in this field, probably conditioned by its system monodosis, which forces him to use powdered milk instead of condensed milk as Tassimo (although I would say that Dolce Gusto also uses powder). In general, the problem is that out somewhat watered down drinks and tasteless , something that does not happen when preparing cappuccinos coffees alone or with fresh milk.
Easy to use
As ease of use is concerned, is the winner Tassimo in all aspects. Once on, just put the capsule, placing the cup in place, push a button and ready. If it is a preparation of two capsules simply remove the capsule, we place the next and we press the same button. A foolproof, come on . Furthermore, it heated almost instantaneously and the capsules are completely empty or dry after use, so not leak anything.
After Tassimo, Senseo is the next easiest to use system . There are only three buttons, the ignition and a cup (which if you click twice makes cappuccino) and two cups, ladles and two (one cup and one of two). In each type of coffee or drink dipper tells us what towear and what button to press, so it’s really simple and intuitive. The only drawbacks that the water takes a tad to warm up , but not much, and that the single – dose drips when removed.
A tail is Dolce Gusto , because even with a semiautomatic machine, too many dosage levels and as you have a manual, you must be watching to see if you put the right amount of coffee, milk, chocolate or appropriate according to instructions, staying the question of whether you’re doing well. In addition, it takes him to warm up and, worst of all, the single dose drip and left with liquid inside.
Money is an important issue when choosing one of these coffee. The Nespresso pods and Illy are expensive (even compatible), but Dolce Gusto Tassimo and are not far behind, being particularly expensive drinks that require two capsules (such as cappuccinos or chococcinos).
Dolce Gusto Tassimo and offer packages of 16 capsules between 4.50 and 5 euros (although there are some exceptions) resulting in a price of about 30 cents per capsule, ie, 30 cents for a coffee, 60 for a cappucino or the like . Quite expensive in my opinion, especially because in the case of Tassimo, almost any drink other than tea or coffee only consists of two capsules, which does not happen much in Dolce Gusto.
In the case of Senseo, prices are much more reasonable , with packs of 16 capsules cost between 2.50 and 3 euros for coffee, and packs of 8 capsules for cappucinos and others. Thus, the price of coffee is between 15 and 18 cents , and the rest of drinks, between 30 and 35 cents, but as I said before, the quality of them makes theminadvisable.
You do not expect decantarme will unambiguously by a unique option in thiscomparison of coffee pods able to prepare cappuccinos , because in fact each has its strengths and weaknesses, each being the most suitable for different types of users:
- Tassimo: For foodies. Perhaps your coffee is not only the best but the wide variety of drinks they offer (the catalog is impressive) and how rich they are almost all, Tassimo make a good machine for those who consider that variety is the spice. However, be listed portfolio.
- Dolce Gusto: You could say that is for foodies savers (although not much). The different drinks and coffees are a step below Tassimo in quality, but offer a good amount of drinks (cut, lattes, chocolates) at half price than its competitor.
- Senseo: For coffee growers. If you like coffee is coffee, and want a quick, relatively cheap, clean and easy way to prepare it every morning, with the extra of enjoying a delicious cappuccino from time to time, this is your coffee. Perhaps the machine more expensive and bigger, and much smaller catalog cafes, but those are very good (those of Brazil and Colombia are great) and, above all, cost almost half.